1. A solar eclipse is when the moon passes in between the sun and Earth. It will block it all at some point, and only part at some point.
2. The United States will have its next total eclipse on Monday, but after that the next one wont be until April 2024. That is seven years from now.
3. Approximately every 18 months a solar eclipse will occur. It is actually not a rare occurrence.
4. There are four different types of solar eclipses. They are called Partial eclipse, Hybrid eclipse, Total Eclipse, and Annular Eclipse.
5. The solar eclipse will not be total in Indiana. We will not see the total phase only the partial phase.
6. The solar eclipse will not do any health damage by purely being outside. It will do health damage if you stare directly at the sun without the proper safety measures. When you stare directly at the sun during an eclipse it is no different than staring at the sun on a regular day, its just that you are more likely to be staring at the sun. By exposure to the sun with the naked eye you can end up with permanent blindness or temporary eye damage.
7. You need to use solar filters. If you are to use sunglasses they will not work. These solar filters are specially made for the solar eclipse.
8. This song is called eclipse by Pink Floyd. It has a connection to the solar eclipse because it is called Eclipse and has some eclipse related lyrics.
9. My extra connection to the eclipse are the many movies featuring one. A specific would be King Solomon's Mines. It is said to have a total eclipse as a major part of the plot.
10a. I chose this link because it contains facts about the eclipse we should know. Such as that this is the first total eclipse to pass through the US in the twenty-first century.
10b. I chose this link because the picture is an amazing picture of the eclipse. I also love how it has a fun fact, explaining the good quality of the photo that was taken.
10c. I chose this link because towards the bottom of the page it gives information on what to do for the chance of being stuck indoors during the eclipse. I believe that is important because a lot of people will be in or just barely getting out of work at the time of the eclipse.
10d. I chose this link because I like how it imposes that the sun being blocked could have a lastly affect on our power grids. It is not something I would've thought about before seeing this article. The loss of solar power could be bad though!
10e. I chose this link because behavioral changes in animals is not something you tend to see. The solar eclipse effecting animals is not something I knew happened.
10f. I chose this link because I believe the safety of the eclipse should be number one. We don't want anyone going blind temporarily or permanently so we have to take precaution. In order to take the precaution we have to have the knowledge.
10g. I chose this link because with the eclipse having passed it would be good to be able to see it. This video is cool to watch to see it total.