The elite class also known as the top 1% has the upperhand in almost all political situations. It's unfortunate how the other 99% and their opinions are left discounted. Although it is difficult to hear everyone's opinions it is not completely fair that many voices go unheard. We could be missing out on ideas and movements because of voices that are drowned out by the top 1%. People strive to be in the top 1% so they can one day attain respect and power.
A healthy respect for leaders and those who are around us can eventually lead to power and control. Before attaining power you must have a healthy respect for those who are already in power. Shared power is a powerful thing because it is several individuals with the same ideas and values pushing their visions through voting. Shared respect comes through finding a common ground with those around you and collaborating and creating a force toward each others goals.
Voting is a great aspect of the American democratic system. Every person gets to voice their opinions So far this has been a foolproof system except for this terms election, for instance Clinton won the popular vote. However, Trump ended up winning the electoral college.
In this image people form our past are clearing the way for a successful present democracy. It is showing men and women trying to pave the way for a better democracy for those in the future generations to come. This is essential in order for us to achieve the type of democracy today. If we do not see struggle in the past for democracy, we will not be able to move forward and create a better form of democracy. If we do not reach this goal of democracy, all of the work from the people in the past will be pointless.
Democracy is supposed to represent freedom for all, however recently freedom has only been attainable for few. Recently, there has been a lot of fear revolving around President Trump and what his term will do to people's freedom. Freedom has been something throughout the years that people are constantly struggling to attain and constantly fighting for. Freedom is the base of being able to go forward as a democracy and make decisions that make the democracy as a whole pleased.
This image is showing multiple people standing together waiting to each voice their opinions on the matters at hand. Multiple people coming together as one working towards a common goal can be a very powerful thing. Everyone is waiting in line to be heard trying to push their way to the front in order to say how they feel. This is a perfect example of how democracy can and can not work because everyone is waiting, but not everyone will have their chance to say what they need and want to say. An example of this today could be everyone uniting together to voice their opinions and protest against President Trump.
This image represents people from both the democratic and republican party raising their hands to vote for something that they wish to share their opinions on. Ideas like this have been coming up a lot especially with our recent election between Hillary Clinton and President Donald Trump. This image could also represents two different view points colliding with each other because the hands are intertwining with each other. Not all opinions are heard in a democracy and that is why the hands are mixed in with each other.