10A. Animals also do different things during an eclipse. People have seen spiders dismantle their webs, livestock lay down, and llamas gather together during an eclipse.
9. The connection I thought of was that other planets can also have total solar eclipses. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune can all have total eclipses. Mercury and Venus are the only planets that don't have moons which makes them not be able to have a total solar eclipse. Mars is the only planet that has moons but can't have a total eclipse, it only has annular eclipses.
8. The connection I made to the solar eclipse coming up is the song "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. I chose this song because the solar eclipse is just one of thousands of many amazing things of this world.
7. When viewing a solar eclipse there are only a few ways to view it safely. To view it safely you have to wear special solar eclipse glasses that protect your eyes from the suns harmful rays. You can also wear welders' helmets that do the same thing as the solar eclipse glasses.
6. During a solar eclipse you have to be careful to not look at the sun with the naked eye. If you look at it too long the suns rays can damage your eyes to become partially or completely blind. The suns rays are so strong that it can burn your retina that is in your eye.
5. Indiana will have a total solar eclipse in 2024. If you look at the image above the black dot is where there will be a total solar eclipse, which goes over Indiana.
4. There are seven different types of eclipses that can happen. There are four different solar eclipses which are total, partial, annular, and hybrid. There are also three lunar eclipses which are related to the moon which are total, partial and penumbral.
3. Solar Eclipses usually occur about 2.4 times a year. Scientists can also predict when they are going to happen for many years ahead, but the pattern is very complicated to understand. Total eclipses don't happen that often though.
2. The next total eclipse in the US after Monday, August 21, 2017, will be on April 8, 2024. In between now and then, there will be two total solar eclipses in the world. Two will be in South America in 2019 and 2020, and one in Antarctica in 2021.
1. A Solar eclipse is when the moon is in between the earth and the sun. When the moon is in the exact location for a total eclipse it blocks the sun's rays which makes it dark on Earth. In different areas of the world it is darker than others because some are in the exact shadow of the moon and some are partially in it.