1. A Solar Eclipse is when an astronomical body overlaps the shadow of a different astronomical body.
2. The next total solar eclipse in the U.S is on April 8, 2024
3. Total Solar Eclipse are visible from earth every 18 months.
4. There are four different types of solar eclipse, They are the Partial eclipse, Annular eclipse, Total Eclipse and Hybrid Eclipse.
5. In Indiana you will be able to see only a partial Solar Eclipse
6. While looking at an eclipse, it is very dangerous to look at the sun. Once the moon covers the sun you can briefly look but once the sun comes out you shouldn't look because your eyes aren't able to transition from the two light differences in time.
7. While viewing a Solar Eclipse you should wear a special type of glasses.
8. The song , One Sun, by Miley Cyrus talks about how there is only one sun and one moon. You can compare it to the eclipse because the eclipse involves the sun and the moon.
9. Before we had technology to describe what happens during a solar eclipse, people used to make up myths to why the sun suddenly disappeared. One thought was that the eclipse caused the plague. But now days we are able to explain what goes on during a solar eclipse.
10a. It is possible that your pets could go blind if they look at the sun. But animals such as pets tend to not look at the sun so there is a slight chance that your pet could become blind.