1. A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes right in front of the sun, casting a shadow on the earth. The eclipse can be a partial eclipse, which happens when the moon and sun are slightly apart. Also, there can be a full eclipse, which is when the sun and moon are exactly lined up, but this only happens in a small area, right in the umbra.
2. The next total solar eclipse in the U.S. is going to be in the year 2024. There will be another eclipse before 2024, but it is going to be in South America.
3. Solar eclipses occur once every eighteen months somewhere in the world. That means that about every three years, there are two eclipses. For a full eclipse some parts of the world might not even see one for a few centuries!
4.There are three types of solar eclipses. There is the partial eclipse, which is when the moon only partially covers the sun. There is the annular eclipse, which is when the moon is in the center of the sun, but there is a ring around the moon. Then, there is the total eclipse, which is when the sun is completely covered by the moon.
5.Yes, there will be a total eclipse in Indiana. It will be on April 8, 2024 starting at 4:38.
6.The dangers of an eclipse are that you could go blind. If you look at the sun in an eclipse for too long, you will be blinded. Looking at it can damage your retinas. Wear the safety glasses to be able to look at the eclipse.
7. Always use the safety glasses to avoid eye damage. Never look directly at the eclipse, but if you are in the path of totality, you do not need glasses.
8. One song that has eclipse in it is Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler. Another one is Black Hole Sun by Simon and Garfuncle.
9. My connection is that the last time my dad saw an eclipse, he was in school also. It wasn't a full eclipse, but he says that it was very cool.
10a. I choose this link because I thought that it was cool to see that that animals get tricked from eclipses. I would think that they would know when it was nighttime, but birds stop chirping during the eclipse, so they must think it is time to sleep.