1. A solar eclipse is when the moon moves between the sun and the earth during its orbit. So a solar eclipse is pretty much when the moon covers the sun causing a shadow onto earth.
2. The next solar eclipse in the US will be on April 8th, 2024.
3. Solar eclipses can happen usually between 2-5 times a year around the world. They also can only occur around the time of new moon because of the alignment of the sun, earth, and moon.
4. There are two types of eclipses visible from earth, the Solar Eclipse and a Lunar Eclipse.
5. No, only some parts of the US will see a total eclipse, but in our area we will only see a partial eclipse. Around 85%.
6. Because the sun emits very powerful rays at that moment that our eyes are not able to handle, therefore causing damage.
7. The only safe way to view the solar eclipse is to wear special-purpose solar filters, such as "eclipse glasses".
8. I choose Dancing in the Dark, because during an eclipse is gets darker, or shadowed and the words remind me of that.
9. Other planets have solar eclipses too. If there moon is small enough though, when it goes in front of the sun it will make a ring shaped eclipse.
10A. I chose this link because i thought it was interesting all of the different things that you could possibly see during a solar eclipse.
10B. Yes, the eclipse can affect animals. This is because some animals might mistake it for night time.