1.A Solar eclipse takes place when the moon passes passes in front of the Earth blocking the sun from reaching Earth.
2. The next total solar eclipse will happen on April 8, 2024. The eclipse will start in the southwest part of Texas and travel northeast all the way through the northeast part of Maine.
3. How rare is a total solar eclipse? Total eclipses happen about every 18 months but are in remote areas that are normally very are to get to.
4. There are eight different kinds of eclipses. The total solar eclipse, a partial solar eclipse, a annular solar eclipse, a hybrid solar eclipse, a total lunar eclipse, a partial lunar eclipse, a penumbral lunar eclipse,
5. Indiana will have a total eclipse in 2024 so don't worry about never seeing a total solar eclipse.
6. The danger of looking at the sun without protective eye ware is becoming blind.
7. The safety measures you need to take during a solar eclipse are wearing eclipse glasses, and not letting your animals out as much.
8. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun Was a hit when it first came out
9. Some animals may go blind if they look at the sun during the solar eclipse so keep a close eye on them as well.
10a. The power grid will be highly affected by the solar eclipse and the eclipse is expected to wipe out enough solar capacity to power several million homes.