1. Who do you think is the “armed minority” who might take over Greece and Turkey? 2. What kind of aid does Truman plan to give to Greece and Turkey? 3. What does Truman say will happen in Europe and the Middle East if the United States does not help Greece and Turkey?
Textbook: 1. Who was the leader of Guatemala in 1954 and why did the U.S. oppose this leader? 2. What did the U.S. do to overthrow this leader? 3. What was the result of the U.S.’s actions? 4. What are some differences between Textbook A and Textbook B? What details appear in only one of the textbooks and not the other? 5. How do the details affect the overall story? CIA Memo: 6. What does this document say about U.S. involvement in Guatemala? 7. How does this document challenge the textbook accounts? 8. What strategies did the U.S. use in Guatemala to try to prevent the spread of communism?
1. When did the Korean War begin? 2. Who surprised the American troops with a counter-attack, pushing them back below the 38th parallel? 3. How did the conflict end? 4. Was the Korean War worth the cost? 5. Why did America fight the Korean War?
1. Why did the Vietnam War start? 2. What made the U.S. fear the country could fall to communism? 3. What strategies did the U.S. use to support South Vietnam against the spread of communism?
1. Identify three uses of the tunnels: 2. What were the potential dangers of the tunnels? 3. Dude, how freaky is this? (1 - Pretty Freaking Freaky)
Graphic video on the long lasting effects of the United State's use of Agent Orange has had on the children of Vietnam. Instead of answering a question, write a question you have after watching this video.
1. What were the Afghanistan soldiers who were fighting the Soviet Union called? 2. What made the war difficult for the Soviet Union army? 3. What strategies did the U.S. use to try to prevent the spread of communism in Afghanistan? 4. The Soviet-Afghan War is often compared to the Vietnam War for the United States; what are the similarities? 5. What were the effects of this war on Afghanistan?