1. Info found: This article is bashing every hog confinement, saying that they're all bad if they're under one specific ownership. 2. Why it's Important: This is important because it most definitely is not true. That the ownership isn't the problem, it's the people that work underneath them.
1. Info Found: This is an example of a town that has an anti-farming bill. It is showing that not many people understand what is happening in the ag field, and want to stop it. Even though farming is what is truly helping our country thrive. 2. Why it's Important: This is important because I am going to use this to show that people need to understand ag before writing bills to change things in the ag field.
1. Info Found: I found that even though biotech crops cover more than 90% of corn and soybean acres, people still don't trust genetically modified organisms (GMOs). 2. Why it's Important: This is important because I want to show people that more often than not even if their food is genetically modified will not effect your health in anyway.
1. Info Found: In the article it states that the term genetically modified is highly controversial, which it is to people who don't truly understand the meaning of why somethings are modified. 2. Why it's Important: This is important because the closer we look at GMOs the more people will understand why their foods are modified.
1. Info Found: In this article I found some quotes that make an average day for farmers seem like something so terrible. When in reality people that aren't in the Ag field just don't understand what is happening so they think it's very wrong. 2. Why it's Important: This is important because I want to show people that are not in agriculture that some things that you may think are inhumane are actually the best way that things can be done, in most cases.