- "Demi Lovato was diagnosed with depression associated with bipolar disorder. ' - demi teamed up with Be Vocal to get her story out so that she could help people - explains the things that lead up to her finally getting tested and diagnosed with bipolar depression - it goes on to tell you how many people suffer from bipolar disorder and this is comforting to help people understand that they arent alone. - it shows what are the symptoms leading up to severe bipolar and how to help someone showing them
- although this may not be about demi it is about what teenagers go through today. - have a paragraph about the different things that arises in young teens - what is the main causes of teen self inflicted harm and what causes teens to act such way - how the world has made such an impact on teens and the way they look at each other and treat each other - tells how the producers and people working on the movie have been through things as well
- explains demi's success story and what she was involved in - goes on to say how important her mental health was because it made her who she was - it explains how mental health is just as important as physical health because if you don't feel good on the inside you will not see yourself healthy on the outside and will do all you can to get to the perfect image you have in your head of yourself - if demi would not have gone through her obstacles she would not have been able to inspire as many people as she has over the years - demi has been so open about her problems because of the fact of how many people she was inspiring
- Is being a superstar incompatible with a long, healthy life? - this article talks about the 82 of the 252 elite members that have died and why. - many artists die of self inflicted causes. we see multiple artists dying of OD and self harm and people are wandering why. - this article is about a study a physician did to determine what is causing this and if fame is too much pressure and the cause - i could use this to show just how strong demi was because not only did she go through all these struggles and more, she also used it to inspire others and be strong for others
- One in five adults in the U.S. has a mental illness - it explains the different films and artists that help describe mental illness and help others feel like they are not alone - starts to go into detail of demi lovato and how she has helped so far - talks about all her problems that she under went and what she went through. - pop culture is always the start to something new; when pop artists started opening it, it triggered other people to talk to people about their problems.
- "Artists Beth Jeans Houghton, Alanna McArdle, and Visionist, labels Fortuna Pop and Captured Tracks, and industry experts weigh in." - i like the way this article is written - it smoothly transfers from one point to the other and doesn't stay on one detail too much - it contains many artists who have struggled with addiction and other things and it explains it enough to help you understand - another point made was how in a normal job you don't go in when you are sick so in the fame industry they don't have a choice. celebrities do what they have to do to make their money and get to work each day
- "Helienne Lindvall: Creative artists are fifth in the top 10 professions with high rates of depressive illness. But does depression attract them to the job? Or does the job make them depressed?" - i can write a paragraph for each illness demi has had and what she has done to make it become a positive way to look at it and how she over came it. - provides statistics for just about how may people suffer from depression in males and females - it basically states that people in the industry won't get the help they need until it is too late because of their reputation. - shows that fame makes people hide things just to stay at the top. "Often, what makes an artist great is the fact that they're born 'with a skin too few' – which might be why some worry that getting medical treatment would stifle their creativity or make their output less interesting – but that also makes them less able to handle the pressures of not knowing where their next pay packet will come from, and being expected to always be at the top of their game."
this is a video about Demi. the video goes deep into detail about what she has gone through and what her illnesses caused her to do. there is a part of the video that tells us that she ended up punching one of her dancers because of her bipolar issues. this is a documentary straight from Demi herself, so this is the true story and complete facts that i can include in my essay for evidence for my claims.
- "Demi Lovato was diagnosed with depression associated with bipolar disorder." - talks about how open Demi is about her health issues - after demi's problems she realized that she wanted to be open and vulnerable to help other women go through their problems. she wanted to let them know they weren't alone - this was an interview between demi and the rolling stones that discussed her issues - demi is a super strong person when it comes to dealing with her issues and she is very set on helping other girls overcome them
- "With delight and ease, Bowie broke the boundaries of gender and sexuality." - the way this article is written is very appeasing to the reader. - the article mentions his songs and how they relate to the fact that Bowie taught us how to rebel - bowie's songs were how he got his messages across along with his words - not only did bowie inspire people, but he also changed politics. the way they explain this has very good transition and gives evidence on how