My Charity: water is a nonprofit organization that was made to help bring clean water to those who need it. Every donations made goes to the field and all the organizations involved are nonprofit organizations. As they have mentioned in this video, "Water changes everything." Right now 748 million people on this planet don't have access to clean drinking water. Due to this approximately 5000 children die. That is too many and this shouldn't be a problem but due to our activities the water around us gets polluted everyday. Some children spend everyday trying to get water while other children don't even think about the water crisis or have to worry about it. In Africa alone 40 billion hours are wasted by women and children trying to get water to drink. In the United States many people don't have to worry about that because unlike other countries we have clean running water everyday. It should be like that everywhere not just here. However, thanks to My Charity: Water all the money that is being raised is going to the things necessary to get clean drinking water for all the people around the world in need of it. Their solutions are using drilled wells, hand dug wells, biosand filters, rainwater catchment, spring protection, and Gravity FED systems. Thanks to them clean water has been served to 5.2 million people. These charities made to help the water crisis do help a lot of people and there must be more things like this done. Economically it does use a lot of money but with these charities it is only using donations the people have given. If we want to solve this issue then however much money it takes shouldn't have to matter as long as lives are saved.
Water is used by all living things that live and breathe on earth. We as humans we use water everyday; for drinking, in our food, to brush our teeth, to take showers, etc. However, 97.5 percent of the water on earth is salt water, the other 2.5 percent is fresh water, but only .3 percent of that 2.5 percent is in liquid form. With the water pollution most of that .3 percent is contaminated and certain countries on earth only have access to contaminated water causing deaths. There is a very high rate of deaths due to the availability of clean water in those countries. Water pollution has an affect on the economy because it costs a lot more to filter the water. Many filtration systems cost to much money meaning that on top of the water crisis we are also spending so much money to clean our water. This video demonstrates how dirty water costs us money meaning there should be more things done to prevent water pollution.
"WATER. It's the most essential and pervasive element of life. Yet, nearly half of humanity will face water scarcity by 2030 due to climate change and population growth." As stated in the quote water is needed for almost everything and in everyday life. However, if it is contaminated it can be harmful and fatal. This unsafe water kills 200 children every hour. In some countries people don't have access to clean drinking water, for example, in Sub-Saharan Africa 50%of the people don't have access to clean water. Its hasn't gotten better overtime due to societies all over the world making bodies of water trashcans. By 2025 two billion people will be living in places of the world with absolute water scarcity. In this video it even quoted some people who have said before that the water crisis could lead to a war between countries. This video shows perfectly how everyone in the world uses water everyday for everything, water is the most valuable thing we as humans have.